Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Iron Bride of Dorchester


There's a new reality show on a cable network called WZMY (MY TV, get it?).  I don't have cable, so I can't comment on the quality of the programming, but they apparently reach 2.4 million homes in eastern New England so maybe you've watched some of their shows.

They have a show that's in its second season called Iron Brides (TM).  Brides compete to win a videography package for their wedding worth $9,000.   The new episodes hit the air on Saturday, April 24 at 2:30 PM.  It might be worth marking your calendar if it's supposed to be raining this weekend.   All of Season II's contestants are from Massachusetts.

Even though I won't be watching the shows as they are broadcast, I'll have someone record them for me.  It should come as no surprise who I'll be rooting for...none other than Dorchester's own Eileen Weir!  Though I disagree with her favorite restaurant, I agree with her choice of neighborhoods.  The website doesn't say how many episodes it will take to decide who wins the $9000 prize but one thing's for sure: Dot Rats prevail.  I'm sure Eileen is going to give that Rebecca from Sandwich a run for the money.

Thanks to Hollywood East Connection for bringing this to my attention.  Anyone want to meet on Saturday afternoons at Tom English's to cheer Eileen on?



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails