Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mac's Guest House




I was in the Millenium Hotel yesterday across from Faneuil Hall.  It's very nice inside.  Thinking about it, I can name ten nice hotels downtown without much strain.  How many in Dorchester?

There's a Doubletree by UMASS.  There's a Ramada Inn at 800 Morrissey Blvd and there's a Comfort in at 900.  There's those two hotels behind the Best Buy at South Bay Center.  That's all can think of and, while these are probably clean, I don't think of them as being particularly nice.

There is a place called Mac's Guest House at 194 Callender Street by Franklin Field.  It's on the corner of Callender and Irma.  That's the Google view above.  I don't know anyone who's ever stayed there, but I'm going to recommend it the next time people come to visit me.

Mac's Guest House may not have sound as swank as the Omni Parker House, the Ritz Carlton, the Liberty Hotel or the Millenium.  It's still a good, solid, homey name.  You know you can trust a guy named Mac.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

there are quite a few "guest house" accommodations in Dorchester - a more well-known one is the Carruth House, but there are lots around, that are more informal arrangements, homestays for friends and families, students and the like. I can give you more info if you're interested...

dottiehottie said...

I'm intrigued by Mac's!

Anonymous said...

HI

Erikman said...

Ya what other ones are like the white house (Mac's guest house)?

Erikman said...

Mac's guest house is the the kinda place you bring a cheap hooker. I don't know how it got thrown in with those other ones

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails