Friday, November 25, 2011

The conceptual artist's lament

Living the life of Kerouac and Pottsy Webber at the same time.
A little beat poetry today.  More like beat doggerel.  It's against the law to beat a live dog, but you can beat a dead one to your heart's content.  Keeping with the Thanksgiving theme (Ed. note: Thanksgiving was yesterday] Whalehead Amalgamated Enterprises, GmbH, etc, is proud to present.....


The Conceptual Artist's Lament.

I didn't know domesticated turkeys cannot fly,
and so my project,
the one that was supposed to make my name,
was a painful belly flop.

Now I stick to Wild Turkey.

I have plenty of ideas,
all of them impractical.
Someday,
I will die.

-With a tip of the fedora to whoever wrote that Thanksgiving episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati," 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails