Saturday, July 17, 2010

New Orleans heatwave

My old chums from the Northeast were complaining about a heatwave recently.  Looking at my New Orleans thermometer, I don't see what they were complaining about.  I wonder what I'll be thinking come winter.  The coldest month I've spent in New Orleans was a few weeks this past March here, herehere.  I didn't find it chilly in the least, but then it was in the low 40s back in Boston when I left.

I wonder if I will ever have to use all the sweaters, coats, scarves and long underwear I brought down to New Orleans.  I couldn't bear to throw them away on the chance I would just need to replace them.  

As much as I've grown to hate winter, as my October through March posts from the past few years will attest (no links, you'll have to skim the archives yourself), I do enjoy winter clothes.  I love long coats and I love to wear hats.  When I was packing prior to the move, I did donate a few hats to Goodwill.  I didn't think I'd need all the toppers in my collection.

I did keep my trusty tricorner, a hat I love very much though in the past I haven't had much cause to wear it except while I participated in reading the Declaration of Independence while living in New London, and on Patriots' Day, a holiday unique to Massachusetts.  While it may seem an impractical hat, one that attracts stares and calls of "Hey, pirate!" on the street, I figure I can wear it for Mardi Gras.

At least one piece of winter gear will be put to use.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails