Sunday, October 19, 2008

Orange you glad

I was on the Orange Line around 1:00 (PM, naturally) wondering what to do with my afternoon. I'm tired of the dash and flash of modern life, the little gadgets, the virtual everything, the constant connection and interuption and stimuli. I'm just on the Orange Line, happy to be riding those analog rails, knowing full well that my day will end in digitization and high definition.

Then it hits me. The answer is all around me staring me in my twenty-first century face. The chat room is full and my buddy list can do well enough without me for awhile. I should power down and pucker up. I should deliver the original instant message. I should buy a pack of gum and make some face time.

Thanks for the suggestion Dentyne! The lady of the house is happy I took your advice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails