Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Orleans Odditarium Expands


I received a call from the Coroner's office today.  I told them they had the wrong number.

The Odditarium continues to fill with knickknacks, gimcrackery, and bookkeeping, as well as beekeeping, anthropological specimens, and a rather humdrum collection of curios.  What would an Odditarium be without a wing dedicated to cryptozoology?  It would be Boston baked beans without any molasses.

I took some algae samples from the canal that runs down the middle of Palmetto Street.  I also walked along abandoned railroad tracks running through Kenner, where I eyeballed some potentially revelatory documentary evidence.  It was a busy day, when you include important time aimlessly squandered wandering between St. Bernard Avenue and Leonidas Street.

A few minutes ago, I received a text message from the Coroner's office.  "We have just discovered that we have been contacting you in error.  Please forgive the intrusion and inconvenience.  Good hunting!"

It has been a rewarding day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails