Friday, May 20, 2011

Late nights and pillow fights

I'm a New Englander.  We still subscribe to wise Benjamin Franklin's advice that early to bed and early to rise make a man healthy, wealthy and wise.

Since I've moved to New Orleans, I've stayed out much too late twice this week.  Is past 5:30 PM already?  This is no time for breakfast.

Worse than the katzenjammers, is that I've had to engage in pillow fights each "morning," and I lost both times.  I was outnumbered in each encounter.  Tuesday was against two sisters, who I figure have had a lifetime developing teamwork and strategy.  This afternoon was two dames and cocker spaniel.  Oh the humanity!!

At least it wasn't as bad as a certain, regrettable, post midnight adventure last week.

Oh, the stories I could tell if I chose to.

Sleep tight, and keep your nose clean,
WK

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails