Friday, April 15, 2011

Mardi Gras Indians from Super Sunday


I came across some more pictures I took of the Mardi Gras Indians on Super Sunday.  I know I posted some here, and here.   The Indians were gracious enough to parade in public, the least we can do is take the time to admire them.  I know I do.


If that's the view from the back, what could the front look like?...


Awe-inspiring.

I saw some men in Indian costumes in the French Quarter yesterday posing for tourists.  I understand, but it didn't seem right.  The chiefs and their Indians in these pictures were very dignified, regal.  They would sometimes stop for pictures, but the stopping was more so that onlookers could take in all their majesty.

That's it for the Mardi Gras Indian pictures till next year. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails