Thursday, January 20, 2011

Man about the track - New Orleans


Not much going on today, just noodling around the house catching up on some light reading about New Orleans history and architectural styles.  You know, the kind of thing a man of leisure does while he's wearing a smoking jacket and slippers.  It's a good thing I have a fireplace mantle in every room of the chez King.  It makes it easier to pose, bored with the world but still looking my best, poised like a lion about to spring his cage.

The illustration is by Layedecker, a painter from early last century.  You know, the inventor of the Arrow Shirt Man.  I have a few Arrow shirts but not much reason to wear them at the moment.  They are pressed and hung at the ready should the occasion arise, however.

I went to the track to play the ponies today.  Put all my money on this steed:
No. 11 on the post: Wish-me-well-baby.
I didn't even see him in the running.  Call me a sucker.  I should have gone to the dog track.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails