Thursday, December 09, 2010

Esplanade, New Orleans.

Central City barber shop.
An esplanade is a strolling ground and Esplanade Avenue is certainly a place that invites strolling and gawking.  Not so much a promenade where people come to admire each other, Esplanade Avenue is a street people visit to admire the scenery.  It is a shady, majestic thoroughfare.

When I tell people where I am moving they tell me that Esplanade Avenue is the most beautiful street in the city.  High praise when you consider New Orleans also contains Magazine Street and St. Charles Avenue.

I don't have much to say about it yet.  I've strolled from the Art Museum to the Mississippi River and found it beautiful.  I've taken my motorcycle down it at all hours of the day and night and I have loved it despite the bumps and cracks that jostle the wheels and rattle my bones.  It is New Orleans.

In time I'm sure I'll have more to say about the area, not just Esplanade Avenue but Bayou Road and Orleans Ave and Ursulines and Kerelec.  For the moment, I can only say that Esplanade Ridge, located in the Greater Treme area rather than the Historic Faubourg Treme, is lovely.  I am lucky to join the ranks of people who live there.

Soon...soon...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails