Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Saying it twice



If you say it twice, it's doubly nice: Dorchester...Dorchester.

There are no triplicate benefits from saying it thrice even though there's no such thing as too much goodness.  Once you get the idea, the repetitive routines positively reinforce each other so that 2 + 2 equals so on and so on no matter how many times you say it to yourself, or how many friends you tell it to to each other in an infinite game of telephone tag.  If media can be social, the sociable Dot forms its own neighborhood wide web.

I hate winter, but I like Dorchester.  Good neighbors make the bone-chilling months tolerable.  Good cheer on the streets warms a pedestrian's heart.   Good company in the grocery line, in the coffee shop, at the T station, at the bus stop, in line for scratch tickets, at the doctor's and the dentist's offices, at the library and at the packy, makes trudging through the bitter wind whipping of Dorchester Bay worth braving.  There is haven in community.

I live in Dorchester and I like.  I've said it more than once and I'm sure I'll say it again.  I'm happy to say it every day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails