Friday, January 14, 2011

Needing a pep talk


I am very disappointed.  I've had a bit of a cold this week.  Since Tuesday, I've been eating Halls' brand cough drops.  I would normally just buy generic but, for no particular reason, I didn't on Tuesday.

It took me a half a bag to notice that the wrappers on these cough drops bear little slogans.  There is, in fact, "A PEP TALK IN EVERY DROP(TM).  Here are some samples:
     Don't give up on yourself.
     Take charge and mean it.
     Don't wait to get started.  
     Dust off and get up.
    Be resilient.

You get the idea.

I think this is a nice marketing touch and cheered me up to be reminded to take charge and mean it.  There was no indication on the package or boasting that Halls offers these pithy pep talks.  It seemed to just be something the company quietly does for the betterment of mankind.

I enjoyed these so I bought another bag of Halls last night.  I just opened it and these don't have a pep talk in every drop.  The wrappers are plain, just halls, halls, halls over and over.  I am disappointed.

My cold seems to be almost defeated so I don't foresee needing cough drops anytime soon.  Next time, I probably will buy generic.  After all, the only medicine they contain is menthol.  Its only the packaging that sets most cough drops apart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails